Water bottles are one of the most heavily used products by human beings. They are used by every single person. While there has been a trend to let go of packaged bottled water, a plethora of people continue to use it. Let’s take a look at the types of water bottles we can and should use instead of racking up unnecessary plastic packaged water bottles that are disastrous for the environment.
Reusable Plastic Bottled Water
The perishable plastic water bottles are absolutely catastrophic for our environmental karma. But if you want something fairly durable, cost-effective and light to carry around then there are reusable water bottles out there for you. These bottles are not disseminating plastic related chemicals into the water in your stomach as they are made from a much better plastic. They can be used for months to a year.
Our recommendation: Contigo Jackson Reusable Water Bottle
- They are super-affordable.
- They are very durable because of their light weight.
- Can be easily stored anywhere.
- They are easy to clean as well.
- Not meant for use over a year.
- If the quality isn’t adequate then plastic related substances can seep into the drinking water.
- Harmful to the environment once thrown away
Stainless Steel Water Bottle
This is probably the best alternative to cheap packaged plastic bottled-water. Stainless steel is pretty great as it doesn’t seep plastic and other toxic chemicals related to plastic into the water you’re drinking. It doesn’t oxidize as well so it’s great for long term use. They are environment friendly in its life cycle all the way from manufacturing to when you throw it away.
Our recommendation: S’well Stainless Steel Water Bottle – 17 Fl Oz – Black Marble
- Great for long term use. Can be used for upto 10 years without any issues.
- Retains temperature of water or any other fluid for a long time.
- Corrosion resistant
- Free of harmful toxins. Prevents growth of bacteria as well.
- Easy to clean
- Heavy in weight. Not ideal to carry around.
- Costly. They cost a lot more than plastic bottles
Insulated Water Bottles
Another great alternative to cheap plastic bottles. Insulated water bottles are probably the best option on this list. They are basically stainless steel water bottles with layers of insulation on the outside. These layers can be plastic or rubber. They help with preserving the temperature of the fluids inside ie if you have coffee in there, it will stay warm, if you have cold coffee in there it will stay cold. You can choose between a double wall or triple-wall insulation.
- Long lasting.
- Great for carrying coffee or cold drinks, the insulation helps conserve temperature.
- Free from chemicals and toxins.
- Small in size
- Can only filter water for 1-2 people at a time